Why Do your Student placement with Grásta?
Grásta offers students working towards a professional qualification in teaching or child-related services (Early Childhood Education; Social Work; Child and Youth Work) a unique interning opportunity. Interns gain hands-on experience and put the theory you’ve learned in to practice. We value fresh perspectives and support students in gaining the skills they need to guide young minds in a Bible-based approach. We have two positions per school year available. Being part of the Grásta team presents exciting new learning opportunities and enriching experiences. We depend on students to help enhance the programs and services we offer and to assist staff in providing the finest standards of service that align with our vision and philosophy.
What Can You Expect To Do During Placement?
- Work, as part of a team, 1 to 1 with students ages 3 to 18 where students' needs vary.
- Develop and lead in A.C.E curriculum, art, and other educational activities.
- Plan student-centred events and other social structured activities.
- Accompany students on field trips and educational excursions.
- Lead spiritual activities and minister to students Meet with and consult with other staff members and parents.
- Help develop and deliver object lessons and social activities to assist students in social development.
What Can You Expect to Receive?
- The opportunity to build and develop meaningful relationships with the students.
- 1-1 exposure working with students.
- Supportive supervision, welcoming new and diverse ideas.
- Knowledge of how to use a Bible-based approach with each student.
- The opportunity to work with community partners for the benefit of the student.
- Exposure to a Christian educational system, and hands on experience modifying both delivery and expectations to suit the individual student.
- Enrolled in an accredited Christian university program.
- Be in good standing at the university.
- Current (within 3 months) Police Record check with vulnerable sector clearance.
- Submit your interest in a cover letter with a current C.V./resume, outlining your expectations, and why you chose Grásta as your placement site.
- Meet with the school principal and other support staff.
Please note: if you are enrolled in a program that is not directly related to teaching but you feel is relevant to Christian education and the care of young people, contact us.
© Copyright www.grastachristianschool.ie